Get This Free Cheat Sheet Guaranteed To Help Your Next Mix

Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Legendary Al Schmitt On My Latest Inner Circle Podcast

Al Schmitt image
Al Schmitt is one of the greatest engineers to ever step inside a recording studios and his 21 Grammys prove it. That's why I'm so delighted to have him on my Inner Circle podcast this week.

Al has worked with a wide variety of superstar artists through the years, from Frank Sinatra to Ray Charles to Toto to Barbra Streisand to Diana Krall. 

What's so cool is that after all his success, he's more in demand than ever, with his last three clients being Neil Young, Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney.

On the podcast, which was done at the recent NAMM show for Lynda.com, I talked to Al about working as a producer with two of his biggest clients, Sam Cooke and Jefferson Airplane, as well as his microphones of choice and recording techniques.

On the intro I take a look at how to get your songs on iTunes, as well as the 5 most common mixing mistakes that I see.

Remember that you can find the podcast at BobbyOInnerCircle.com, or either on iTunes or Stitcher

Don't forget to check out my Music 3.0 blog for tips and tricks on navigating social media and the new music business.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...