Get This Free Cheat Sheet Guaranteed To Help Your Next Mix

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Doyle Bramhall II Interview

As some of you may know, I co-produced a television show called "Guitar Universe." Here's an outtake from the show that features Eric Clapton/Roger Waters/Arc Angels guitar player Doyle Bramhall II, interviewed by Alanis Morrisette guitarist Dave Levita.

Doyle is interesting because of his history (like playing with Stevie Ray Vaughan when he was 15) and because he also plays a right-handed guitar upside down, but you can see and hear all that for yourself in part 1 of the interview.

You can also view more outtakes from Guitar Universe on my YouTube channel.




----------------------------------
You should follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.

Don't forget to check out my Music 3.0 blog for tips and tricks on navigating the music business.


1 comment:

Brad said...

Doyle is a class act. I've known of him for many years. The guy has a zen-like presence. I didn't know about his lack of theory or even scales. He said "someone told me I play in the penantonic scale", lol

Just go to shows that real talent is something you're born with or at least learned at a very early age from exposure to others around you who are talented, like his dad.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...