Get This Free Cheat Sheet Guaranteed To Help Your Next Mix

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Michael Jackson's Vocal Lessons

One of the things that distinguishes a superstar from a star is the amount of work they put in. A star may be able to get by on superior talent alone, but a superstar strives to be the best, which takes constant, incessant work.

Below is a video of the late, great Michael Jackson having a voice lesson with celebrity voice teacher Seth Riggs via phone. Supposedly Michael warmed up for several hours and had a voice lesson before almost every vocal recording session. Of course, we all know the results.



----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.

Don't forget to check out my Music 3.0 blog for tips and tricks on navigating the music business.


1 comment:

falldowngoboone said...

"Funny, I don't know why your singing 'Ah' instead of 'Uh.'" Quote of the clip.

I know growing up I always had this impression that people like MJ woke up in the morning ready to perform. I never realized the hard work and dedication it took to get to that level. It's something I wish I would've learned many years ago. Bobby, if it's one thing I've learned from your blog, it's that I can set higher musical goals and have a fighting chance of achieving them. Thanks, Bobby.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...