Get This Free Cheat Sheet Guaranteed To Help Your Next Mix

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Meet Your Master" NIN Multitrack

OK, I admit it. I'm old school. I'm one of those people who actually like my audio clean, but you won't get much of that in this look at the multitrack of "Meet Your Master" from Nine Inch Nails. The song is from the 2007 album Year Zero.

Virtually every track is distorted here. I wonder how much was intentional, how much was done during recording, and how much was done during mixing? What you will find in the song is a great groove and a great arrangement, which are two elements that can make a song a hit.



----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter for daily news and updates on production and the music business.

Don't forget to check out my Music 3.0 blog for tips and tricks on navigating the music business.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...