Get This Free Cheat Sheet Guaranteed To Help Your Next Mix

Thursday, March 18, 2010

6 Questions For PR Maven Marsha Vdovin

Marsha Vdovin is the founder of MVPR, a full service PR agency that does media relations for music and technology companies like Universal Audio and Cycling 74. She's one of the few people in the business that everyone adores because she's not only so good at what she does, but she's a kind and gentle soul with a heart of gold.

What sets Marsha apart from others that do what she does is that she's really an artist at heart. When you check out Marsha's website, be sure to check out her photography as well (that's one of her pictures on the left). It will knock your socks off, especially the art and the food.

Marsha was kind enough to answer the "6 Questions."

1) How did you break into the business?
I went to art school in the early '80s and started doing PR for my classmates and a professor who was a performance artist. That led to more paying gigs doing Pr for experimental theater. A friend from school started a music software company (Blank Software) and asked me to help him so we started the company in his house. I was employee number one so I did every job and ran the office, eventually he hired more people and then I focused on sales and marketing.

2) What makes you unique?
I think I'm unique because I'm really interested in what makes people tick. I'm really interested in getting to know them as people and seeing how their mind works. I'm not interested in hype. I only work with great companies whose products speak for themselves.

3) Who was your biggest influence?
My biggest influence has been my former art professor who believed in me and encouraged me to trust my instincts and be creative. The great thing about art school is that it teaches you to be resourceful.

4) What's the best thing about your job?
The best thing about my job is the people that I meet and get to know.

5) When and where were you the happiest?
The happiest I've ever been is travelling in the summertime.

6) What's the best piece of advice you ever received?
The best piece of advice that I ever received was from Paul Lego, former CFO at Digidesign. He said that as a consultant it is important to always be genuine and always be yourself.

1 comment:

Christen said...

Marsha is a fabulous woman, thrilled to see her profiled here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...